- Ideas are fragile (so are people).
- Ideas are organic (so are people).
- All ideas have value and should be given a hearing.
- The originator of an idea needs assistance in idea enhancement and in promoting the idea internally.
- The originator is the initial advocate of an idea and should be actively involved in its development.
- Only ideas which have been enhanced to demonstrate potential value will be brought to management.
- Both marketing and technical issues need to be addressed in the development of an idea.
- Differences among people constitute a strength, not a weakness. Individuals can benefit from the opportunity to interact with other professionals from different perspectives.
- A mediator is often necessary to facilitate the communication of people from different cultures and who may possess clashing personalities.
- The most effective way to proceed is not necessarily the most efficient.
Source: Rosenfeld & Servo