Consider each of the 10 dimensions of creativity below, and decide whether a) or b) best describes your organisation.
1. Challenge: to what extent is the work experience
a) enjoyable and energetic or
b) alienated and indifferent
2. Freedom: to what extent are people
a) independent and able to show initiative or
b) passive and rule-bound?
3. Dynamism: to what extent is the pace of work
a) excitedly busy or
b) boringly slow?
4. Openness: to what extent are people
a) trusted and failure accepted or
b) suspicious and failure punished?
5. Idea time: to what extent do people
a) have time to experiment and play or
b) always schedule and follow tasks?
6. Playfulness: to what extent is the atmosphere
a) happy and humourous or
b) dull and serious?
7. Conflicts: to what extent are conflicts
a) debated with insight or
b) the source of open warfare?
8. Support: to what extent are people
a) listened to or
b) receive critical and negative comments?
9. Debates: to what extent are contentious ideas
a) voiced or
10. Risk-taking: to what extent are people
a) allowed to act on new ideas or
b) obliged to submit every proposal to committees?
How many a)’s did your organisation score?